Sunday, October 30, 2005

and now for the local news...


OK, now I swear Rosie is copying my blog site.
First I write 2,000 dead. Then she writes 2,000 dead.
First I write about Bill Maher. Now she writes about Bill Maher.

i should be so lucky.

Truth be told, the more people shouting the praises of that damn HBO show the better. Every time I watch it I become overwhelmed with this sensation of "I hope my parents are watching this." Actually its more like, "I hope EVERYONE IN THE WORLD is watching this." That show is what America could be. Divided, yes. But constantly, steadfastly pushing towards truth. Through all the bullshit, all the lies, through the spin, the canned answers and the smug smiles.
Follow our fearless leader (Bill Maher that is) and always do as your mother told you:

Tell the Truth.

or until the rest of the nation catches on, at least have a laugh in the meantime...
"Real Time" goes off the air for a hiatus after next weeks episode. Criminal, I tell you.
Criminal.

I was gonna write a for-real "entry" today. An actual column that had a topic, a structure, even a throughline of sorts. But I guess one of the benefits of blogging is a new found familiarity and comfort in just writing what is.
(or is that one of the downfalls?)
No need to push anything.
I'll be here every day.

To end, I'll remind anyone who happens to be reading this that today is daylight savings time and that you should set your clocks back an hour. You gain 60 minutes of life for now, which is nice. But it is an immediate gratification, like sugar, that you'll find you regret for the rest of the season, like the stomach ache that just wont go away.
It's gonna be dark at like 4 o'clock from now on. So get used to it.
we've got a long road ahead...

well its been a pleasure.
hope i didn't bore anyone to tears.

and now back to Ted with the weather.

1 Comments:

Blogger cgc182 said...

Comment from cgc182.blogspot.com:

OH MY GOD I THOUGHT I MADE IT SO I COULDN'T RECEIVE ALL THESE CRAP COMMENTS!!! WHO THE HELL ARE ALL OF YOU?!! STOP PEOPLE STOP!!! I'M NOT BUYIN' ANY OF YOUR SHIT SO FOR THE LOVE OF MERCIFUL HEAVEN PLEASE LEAVE ME IN PEACE!!!

oh, and p.s.
anyone who can offer me sound advice in keeping these people away, please...

leave a comment.

-wink!

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger