Sunday, October 23, 2005

an autumn slow fade


words.
so many of millions have been set down before me. novels, journals, theses, songs, blogs, cave walls
who cares what I think?
sometimes it seems who cares what anybody thinks except for oneself.
this blog of mine is silly and self-indulgent and small.
But life often is silly and self-indulgent and small.
If it wasn't, then it would have to be serious and lived based on others' expectations and huge.
There is room for both.
I wanna put positive energy out into the world.
I also want to be blonde.
Some things just weren't meant to be...
I was described last night by someone who means more to me than most anyone as an "optimist negative"
stuck between the two, I think he might be onto something.
Genuinely, whole-heartedly optimistic. Every day a wake up on the right side. But simultaneously inherently honest, verbal, critical, truth-seeking and thusly (I suppose) negative.
When explained about how to look for the good in life, trying to see positive in all-- I told my boyfriend, "I'm not ready to be that happy."
There is room for both.
Wallowing in self-doubt or pity is a life wasted. Respecting the beautiful melancholy of it all, taking in those times...
(to this blogger anyways) is a life lived in full.

1 Comments:

Blogger BB said...

Somehow, this entry resonates all too well with me...even Matt's comment strikes a cord that I can't even really begin to quantify.

Regardless, this line "But simultaneously inherently honest, verbal, critical, truth-seeking and thusly (I suppose) negative," is one that I can digest. I don't think at all that being honest, verbal, critical and truth-seeking is negative. I think that these are all very noble. At times, they may make put others or one's self on edge bc these traits are so apparent. To me, the only true way to express and to help others as well as yourself understand traits like these is through dialogue. And this truly is a spectactular forum for one, in addition to those close (or far) to glean a little understanding.

Much Love & Mad Props,
Bry[Bry]an

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger