Friday, October 28, 2005

"No Bravery"


"You need to decide if this is an AM or a PM exercise," says the Corporate Zombie Blank Eyed Stare.
"You need to just back the fuck off and let it be what it is," replies Creative Voice of Reason.
Coming to Terms with new blogger status 101 as taught by professor yours truly.
Embarassed at myself I quietly type,
"I can't help but be sad that I have 0 comments."
The number 0 laughs at me, open-mouthed, every time I click cgc...
But I have to say, there's only one thing worse than 0 and that is
"1 comments"
that extra "s" just hanging there, a reminder of how little I matter
daring someone to reply. "please reply, please, please, please reply."
Like standing over a just planted seed and expecting instant gratification.
"BE A ROSE NOW! WHY CAN'T YOU JUST BE A ROSE NOW?!"
how many fucking more things can I put in parentheses today?
"I don't know?"
"You tell me."
Please no one comment on this blog.
I need to just grow the fuck up.
If I were a much braver man I would just turn the comments off.
But there's such promise, such possibility in leaving them open.
Like I said, if I were a much braver man...

Lord, how many more times can I use the word, "I."
I do not know.
The level of self-absorption, I fear, is surpassing sea level.

In other news, Mr. Scooter Libby was charged with five felonies alleging obstruction of justice, perjury to a grand jury and making false statements to FBI agents.
This is only the tip of the iceberg.
This is only what's allegedly been discovered so far.
An organization built on deception will crumble and fall, eventually.
Turns out we the people are smarter than they had expected.

The American death toll in Iraq has surpassed 2,000.
2,000
2,000
2,000
For what?
Honor?
Freedom?
Democracy?
Practice what you preach, boys.

cue Ricky Ricardo, "You have a lot of 'splainin' to do."

P.S.
(If I was technologically advanced enough I would link the Scooter Libby story from aol.com) (I would also link James Blunt's song "No Bravery." I have no idea what he wrote the song about, had never heard of him before last night actually, but download it fast. Play It. Perhaps place George W's face in your mind as he sings)

and until next time, be strong, for me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, so I don't really know is this is where I'm to leave a comment, but I will assume it is (as it says 'leave your comment'). Anyway, this seems like a pretty cool thing. I like what you have on it...some of the quotes you have are awesome. On a side note, can't wait 'til Thanksgiving!!--woohoo! Miss you, Claire

3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger