Wednesday, October 26, 2005

FUCK OFF (to me)


I watched HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher last night.
Currently it seems to be my main source of news.
I'm thinking about taking the New York Times link off my site.
God, Who do we trust now?
so many lies
on so many levels
coming at us from all sides
a war, fighting for truth
even over here.
I fear we're losing.
can't help but feel someone should hold up a stained GAP dress
the hypocrisy
maybe I'll hold it up.
fuck, maybe I'll wear it.
I'm still struggling with the vanity of writing a daily blog.
At this point it is mostly for my own pleasure, I suppose.
Trying to write about something unrelated to myself I sense pockets of snickering,
"his site is just like Rosie without fans"
sadly, the snickering comes from inside my own head
deep, cavernous, dark, hidden
with white cartoon snake eyes
self doubt is a bitch
self consumption is pathetic
so many choices in this world
is my sjp lovely half empty or half full?

1 Comments:

Blogger mark said...

writing for an audience, and writing for yourself with the possibility of an audience, are two very different things. rosie is very adament about the latter, and i think she does it well. i think you do too. writing strictly for an audience will become transparent rather quickly, and lack authenticity. ironically, people who write purposely for an audience, will probably be the quickest to lose one.

[sidebar] wishes!

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger