Monday, October 24, 2005

Today (what else?)


as I dream I hear the music to the film "Brokeback Mountain" accentuating the drama of my subconscious
-or "Bareback" Mountain as Matt says, giggling-
it's funny how when a big budget/ big star/big studio feature finally comes out involving the gay experience, even it has to be hyper-masculinized, cowboys, wives, lots of grunting and spitting
baby steps
i tell you
baby steps
(i still can't wait to see it)
I'll tell you the process of self-induced daily creation is a terrifyingly life-owning high that I would definitely recommend to any and everyone still living. There's something in the blogger "publish" button that makes it mandatory. Something in the "online" part that makes it real. No longer will my life be shrouded in secrecy, jailed to pages, shoved on shelves. No longer will I worry, "What if my journals burn and no one ever learns of my time here?"
it's the daily part that's the scariest and the best
daily...daily...daily...daily...
It kind of in its own way proves that every day's worth living.
every single day gives you something more to feel, something more to say, something more to work at.
write
paint
draw
craft
sing
make time.
be the you you never thought you could

going once, going twice, gone...

1 Comments:

Blogger mark said...

i, for one, am glad that you have decided to share part of your mind with the world each day!

at the beginning of my own blog, i contemplated whether or not one would write the same knowing their thoughts were going to be on display. i think it's an interesting query to consider. do you believe that you write the same--knowing you have an audience--as you did when you did not?

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger