Friday, December 09, 2005

Present and Past


sleepy-eyed and groggy
aware that awake-time has come
but not quite able to maintain eye-openness
roll over
and roll over
and burrow
and nest

"Good Morning! Good Morning! Good morning!"
my father sings
"Nooooooo!" my little brother and I wail
anything but morning, anything but school
"Time to get up and at em'!" he goes on
already dressed in suit and tie
somehow, miraculously
"just five more minutes.." we mumble
hair matted and pajamas warm
dreamland fighting against reality
never, sadly, winning

snow

out of nowhere
destined, known, forecasted I am sure
but unknown to me
big, fat, savory flakes
illustrating nothing
not hope
nor life
nor sadness
nor beauty

just nature
doing its job
shedding what must be shed
so that spring may come again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger