Monday, November 21, 2005

a thousand and one words



Now I know this image of George W has been all over the media for the last 24 hours or so
I first saw a clip of it on the news last night and it was the cover of at least two newspapers this morning, including the New York Times
so, while I hate to kick a man when he's down, I love to kick good ol' G.W.
sure he was just trying to leave a room, (evading truth all the way over in China the same way he avoids it over here!)
comforting to know some things never change...
and it certainly is no huge sign of defeat to try and exit a door that was already locked prior to your knowing it
but
is it just me or am I the only person who deeply, deeply feels that the leader of our great United States,
that the leader of the FREE WORLD should Never, Ever under Any circumstance be even Physically Capable of making that face
EVER!
tell me I'm a nut job or that I have unreasonably high standards but that should just be a requirement of some sort
you're able to make THAT FACE
sorry, we've got a great job for you down at the power plant
or on the horsey ranch
or at the junk yard

Our President, ladies and gentlemen
we elected him
(this time at least)
and we should be required to stare at that face, day in and day out
as punishment
for our unimaginable crime

--and also, finally, a photo in the Post today of my "co-star" Bono getting ready to shoot a scene from "Across the Universe" on the Lower East Side
apparently he'll be singing "I Am the Walrus"
not a huge Beatles fan myself but
I can't wait to film on December 1st!

1 Comments:

Blogger mark said...

priceless!

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger