Thursday, November 17, 2005

fer real?


ecstatic life force
jubilant, overflowing energy
unreal and yet forever destined--

I sent out headshots last week
just forty or so
part II in a neverending process
millions upon millions of agents and casting directors
none of them interested in just another headshot or resume

last night -The Scene- sushi and solitude
me on couch: eating and viewing simultaneously
amazing what a multi-tasker I have become

"RING! RING!"
unknown 212 number
me, slightly annoyed and confused
thought process of should I or shouldn't I answer
we all go through that
usually, it seems, we opt for choice #2

"what the hell" scrolls through my head
"Hello?!" in my grumpiest voice
"Is this Chris --?" comes from the other side
"Uh, YEAH!? Who Is This?" my spoiled, ludicrous frustration growing for no apparent reason

"Hi this is Candace from Casting. We're calling to check your availability for December 1st to shoot Julie Taymor's new film "Across The Universe"
....
......
........
"uh, um, uh-hum. Yes, Yes I'm available. Definitely, uh yes, very much available."

The rest is more or less a blur
Addresses were scribbled down
Contact information acquired
My weight, neck, wrist, jacket and shoe size all asked for
Even a fitting managed to get scheduled for Friday at 5
Lord knows what I'll be wearing...

my first baby step
just an extra job
I could be anything from a party-goer in a third of the film to a faceless blur walking the streets somewhere in the very far off distance
(chances are it'll be the faceless blur)
but I was cold-called and cast just because of a headshot
amazing that was all it took

imdb the film if you can
apparently it's a movie musical using the songs of The Beatles to tell a love story set in the raucous 1960s
Bono is the star
as far as I can tell

then again I suppose I should know
(what with Bono and I being co-stars and all)
Ha!

I am so happy
Who knew I'd make it to the movies after all?

2 Comments:

Blogger mark said...

that's amazing. congratulations!

1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats sugar...
move over mary-kate and lindsay theres a new miss thang in town!

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger