Thursday, October 19, 2006

to you,


My Bright Side

even in my times of trouble
even when I'm all alone
somehow I know you'll always love me
with you forever we'll be home

tomorrow brings a future promised
tomorrow brings us something new
tomorrow brings me closer, closer
no purpose living, before you



one cannot know the nature of love
without finding it

and cannot know its ugly realities
unless they've spent the time

dating is ECSTATIC, TECHNICOLOR VIBRANCE
love is HONEST TO GOD TAKE-YOUR-BREATH-AWAY EUPHORIA

but, maintaining this takes effort handled best with measured grace
and adult, live-in relationships are the daily, constant presence of that same and certain soul

love isn't always pretty

it's anger
it's disagreement
unmet expectations
and taking a shit with the door open

love is sometimes hating them with all your heart and soul
but wanting, having, needing them once cleansing time has passed

a year ago
you'd gone away
a summer love whose outcome was unknown

and here we are
today and now
rebuilding what was magic all along

the single life is gorgeous
and one i may well meet again
life will take you on a million different journeys
guessing where is not for us to know

i'm not certain what forever means to me
at this time
is it realistic? is it desirable? is it possible? is it fun?

what i do know
is you've changed my life
my matthew

with inexpressible thanks
and love.

1 Comments:

Blogger cgc182 said...

p.s.
happy 16 month anniversary baby!

(that's about 4 and a half DECADES in Gay Years!!!)

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger