Wednesday, September 27, 2006

the after-time


the face of terri irwin remains a presence in my mind
her words
her vulnerability

"In life you steel yourself for things that can go wrong."

what a gift her family gave us
what a sacrifice as well

to know
after losing your one true love
that the children will continue on
as a part of the zoo

that in spite of everything
animals can't be the enemy
and truly aren't to be feared

"It's hard now. I'm really trying. But I've lost my prince. I've lost my prince."

what a beautiful spirit
that entire family

they will thrive and grow
with him
without him

They Have To

for the sake of the wildlife
but for humanity as well

"There are times when I weep. And I usually weep alone".

every day is a marathon
every moment is a mile

your souls will meet again
terri, steve

the story can't be over

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger