Friday, June 02, 2006

The Toothbrush That Stayed


Matt left this old plastic thing at this very spot in the bathroom of my Spring Street apartment last August before we were literally pried apart.

An entire school year loomed ahead of us and I'd be lying if I said I never worried about this relationship making it.

But there the old thing stayed day in and day out. And despite the new electric tooth-cleaning contraption Matt now uses, I found myself shocked to see him still employ this one from time to time.

The toothbrush was always there waiting for him. And it certainly helped me out as well, proving to be a daily visual reminder that he really was still out there.

So amazingly, this silly, insignificant, three dollar drug store impulse purchase has in its own small way come to symbolize the trials and tests that we've overcome in what will soon be our first full year together.

At any rate, it's still here after all these long, hard months. But more importantly, I'm happy to say, So Is He.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger