Wednesday, May 31, 2006

hump day re-creation


three blogs behind
oy vey
what even happened this wednesday?
how does one recover the past?

this move
which i promised myself
i'd write about
no more
is bleeding me dry
honestly
terribly

matt is working
while i'm left wallowing in this swamp life
my furniture is boxes
my best friend the broker who calls half-hourly
i need this to be over
i need this to be done

moving is supposed to be exciting
it is not supposed to take three months
it is not supposed to haunt your dreams

the ocd & the anal retentiveness
that has defined the middle part of my life
ok
the entire part of my life
is all-consuming in ways
indescribable
to anyone who hasn't lived it
or studied it professionally

dust and a fleck of cereal in the sink can send me over the edge
so
half-filled boxes and barren walls
with the promise of much more to come
sends super shivers down my already ravaged spine

melodrama this isn't
despite how it may sound

if alcoholism is a disease
then so is this

inhale
exhale

it will all be over soon enough

keep reading 'a million little pieces'
remind yourself that there are bigger messes than you

there is no place like home
there is no place like home
there is no place like home
there is no place like home

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger