Friday, January 27, 2006

"Seeing Red"


Not feeling this tonight.
It has started to seem more than a little bit pointless to work so hard at something that is potentially read by absolutely nobody.
When I began writing here, I decided that this would be an exercise, a ritual, a progression and a tool. I set out to spend one full year publishing something on this site each and every day.
"A Year in the Blog," if you will.

Nobody said that it would be easy to do. Certainly nobody said that it would matter much either. Lord knows I'm not a celebrity. And I don't really write about them too often. But I'm here, for tonight anyway, trying to express whatever truth there is that I exist with from day to day, hoping that it resonates with someone besides myself.

Come October 22, 2006, one year from the day I began, who knows where I'll be? Still tied to this computer, as much a part of me as my skin or as my heart? Or rid of it for good, a free man for life?
Only the next 9 months will tell...

In the meantime, I'll be back here tomorrow.
Maybe not the same time, but certainly the same place.
It's just what I do for me.
As well as for all you millions of strangers out there, just waiting to hear what happens next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger