Saturday, July 22, 2006

"They're All Mad."


Just like nothing makes me happier than that first Country Time Pink Lemonade commercial that initiates the beginning of Summer, nothing makes me more angry than the arrival of "Back to School" ad campaigns.

These television, radio, internet and print promos push everything from Payless Shoe Specials to Five Star Trapper Keepers. And despite the fact that I am no longer an enrolled student, believe me, they still get under my skin!

I mean it's freaking July people! So why don't you just lay off a little bit longer and allow all of us real and non-students to continue leading our lives in full denial of the responsibilities (and shopping sprees) that lie ahead.

Maybe (probably) (definitely) I'm overreacting considering that the concept of "Summer Vacation" no longer exists in any way for me. But a person can recall the olden days at the blink of an eye. And those feelings die hard.

Now come on all you ad-execs, network so-and-so's and corporate-suits. I'm aware that we all gotta make money in this world. Believe me I am. But can't you just wait and make it in August like the rest of us? Leave our Summer alone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger