Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Stormy Weather


it's raining, it's pouring
the old man is snoring
he went to bed
bumped his head
and couldn't get up till the morning


is it normal that as a child I always secretly wanted to be that old man?

there was something about the image of curling up in your bed with the rain pouring down outside that seemed almost perversely pleasurable to me

but then again, I always wanted to be one of the four bedridden grandparents from 'willy wonka'
so maybe I'm just lazy is all...

seriously though,
call me a depressive weirdo if you must
but I freakin' love all this rain new york's been getting!

now, obviously none of us likes to be caught in a torrential downpour
but a light mist or gentle rainshower as you walk to work, get ready for bed or look out the window seems almost spiritually soul-cleansing, doesn't it?

like a colon-squirt for your inner self!

no, you say?
ahh, screw all a' ya
I hope this weather never ends!!!

rain, rain
stay all day

then come back another day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger